This simple guide will just give you the step-by-step procedure to configure a working inbound or incoming fax. The fax port or FXS port is attached to AudioCodes M1K chassis.
Let’s configure FXS Port 1.
Go to Configuration -> VoIP -> GW and IP to IP -> Trunk Group -> Trunk Group
- Add full E.164 format of the phone number
- Set Trunk Group ID as 11
- Set Channels to 1
Go to Configuration -> VoIP -> GW and IP to IP -> Trunk Group -> Trunk Group Settings
- Set Trunk Group ID to 11
- Select Channel Select Mode “By Dest Phone Number“
- Registration Mode “Don’t Register“
Go to Configuration -> VoIP -> GW and IP to IP -> Routing -> Tel to IP Routing
- Set Tel to IP Routing Mode to “Route calls before manipulation“
- Destination Phone Prefix to specific digits send by your Telco
- Dest. IP Address to M1K own IP address
Go to Configuration -> VoIP -> GW and IP to IP -> Manipulations -> Dest Number Tel -> IP
- Destination Prefix will be the specific digits send by Telco
- On Add Prefix, format the digits in order to be in E.164 format that matched the Trunk Group’s “Phone Number” on 1st step.
From within gateway, route the calls to Trunk group 11. Go to Configurations -> VoIP -> GW and IP to IP -> Routing -> IP to Trunk Group Routing
- IP-to-Tel Routing Mode set to “Route calls before manipulations“
- Dest Phone Prefix set to the full E.164 format
- Trunk Group ID set to 11
It should ring by now when you call it from PSTN!
Other basic settings like Max Digits In Phone Num will not be covered here. You should have set it at earlier stage 🙂
If fax is required to dial out. We can configure it on another set of blog. Let me know if anyone requires it.